“I’m 100% opposed to the abolition of ICE,” said DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas during a virtual town hall with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) last week, according to the Washington Times, which reviewed notes from the meeting. “It is the opposite of what I think needs to occur. I think we need to strengthen our policies and practices and communicate more effectively what we do and why we do it.”
‘Quite frankly, I’m going to have to understand why some of these individuals are not subject to a Title 8 USC 1326 case and I intend to work with the DOJ in that regard,’ Mayorkas added.
“I see cases now where we apprehend and remove individuals that I think need to be prosecuted criminally,” Mayorkas reportedly said.
Meanwhile the Vice President Kamala Harris, who was designated by President Biden to be lead the border efforts, has yet to visit the border.
- Ocasio-Cortez Demands Reparations For Families Separated At Border Under Trump
- There’s a ‘big concern’ that some of the immigrants crossing the border are terrorists
- McConnell Blasts Corporations for Using Economic Blackmail to Spread Disinformation
- Your Guide To Ordering Gorgeous Custom Furniture
- Buchanan and Gingrich: How can we ensure the integrity of future elections?