Texas attorney general Ken Paxton said that the policies put in place by former President Donal Trump were efficient in stopping the migrant surge and discouraging people to take the long and risky journey to come to the United States.
“President Trump put in place a model that I think works. First of all, he said, don’t come to [US]. Second, he started building a wall, and three he told people to stay in Mexico before they went through their hearing.” said Paxton on Fox News on Sunday.
“So I think that model, we know it works because the surge stopped and the numbers came down.”
Paxton said that what President Biden is doing “is implementing old Obama policies” which are basically making the situation at the border “even worse.”
“I think [Joe Biden] policies sent a signal to the world, come across the border and you’ll be welcome. You’ll be taken care of. And I think it’s clear that he wants that to happen because he knows from past experience and under the Obama administration that if you do that, people will come.”
- Ocasio-Cortez Demands Reparations For Families Separated At Border Under Trump
- Omar falsely states that new Georgia voting laws ‘will restrict people’s ability to vote’
- Trump: ‘It’s Time to Fight Back Against Woke Cancel Culture’
- Buchanan and Gingrich: How can we ensure the integrity of future elections?
- Major League Baseball to Move All-Star Game Out of Georgia